Sunday, February 6, 2011

First week of college

The first day of classes are always the most exciting because everyone is well rested after an awesome holiday and ready for the new assignments and getting the final study year officially started.

Visual week (week 1)
I know that the year is going to be loaded with tons of assignments, but I have to admit, I was surprised by all the assignments we were given. It is, a blessing in disguise, as I'd been eager to get back into the swing of college, and out of my partially vegged out state of being which i had adopted during the holidays.

Impatient, I guess. Can you blame me?
The most exciting part was our range concepts, which we brainstormed (several times). Watching everyone enthusiastically relay their concepts to each other is encouraging. The bar got raised and everyone is now more determined than ever to revolutionize FEDISA and amaze the fashion industry.
I can't wait to get started with actual construction of our garments.

Elements of a successful collection
Our range needs to incorporate tailoring, re-fabrication (which is just fabric manipulation i.e. pleats) and creating a show stopper, which should be a culmination of all aspects of the range in the final garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment