Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Latest mission: Tailoring

Last week Wednesday we started making a tailored jacket. As usual, everyone is looking for ways they can somehow make the patch pocket on the one side, with the welt on the other, less obviously different, so that it would look wearable. But Ms Meiring, our Garment Technology lecturer is uncompromising on the fact that she wants this to remain a sample garment.
Which puts a damper on the fact that the FEDISA guys and girls mightv'e just started a new trend in Cape Town. 

Confession
I must admit, that I'd seriously underestimated the constructruction of the tailored jacket, and have realised that I still have much to learn, especially with technical aspects. I thought that 5days was too long to spend on this garment, now it feels as we've been seriously slow, even though most of us would give up those little breaks, and continue to work, no matter how claustaphobic it would get.

The jacket was due today however I don't think anyone really expected to have so many finer details to tend to and we were giving a mini extension till tomorrow morning.
 Just has me thinking about the time allocated per outfit for our final collection, which has to incorporate corsetry, refabrication and tailoring.

I'll load some photo's of the jacket its finishing touches.

Just thinking about all the work I still need to get to, has me stressed out. So, if I'm not blogging daily, I'm probably busy with visual studies.

If anyone has any tips on how to improve my blog, please feel free to comment


No comments:

Post a Comment